Finance & Budget
The City's transparency site provides access to the Digital Budget Book as well as quick access to key financial and demographic information. The Budget Book contains key information fro understanding the allocation of revenue resources, an understanding of the debt encumbrances the City has taken on and added clarity of the vision and direction of the City in relation to these funds. The budgets are put together after time with each department, analysis and input from City Council and evaluation of the current and perceived future economic environment.
City Council approved a Capital Improvements Program on August 15, 2016 as a financial guide for future capital needs in the City. This component was identified in the 2015-2025 Comprehensive Plan (Updated 2019). Needs were determined by City Council, City staff and the Planning Commission.
The City currently holds an Aa3 bond rating from Moody's Investors Service.
- FY 16-17 Comprehensive Annual Audit
- FY 17-18 Comprehensive Annual Audit
- FY 18-19 Comprehensive Annual Audit
- FY 19-20 Comprehensive Annual Audit
- FY 20-21 Comprehensive Annual Audit
- FY 21-22 Comprehensive Annual Audit
Tega Cay does not bill or collect taxes. Property taxes are assessed and collected by York County. Sales tax & hospitality taxes are collected by local businesses. Click here for York County tax information.
- Resident: 89 Mills (Since 2011)
- Owner Occupied dwelling: 4%
- Rental Property: 6%
- Commercial: 6%
- Hospitality Tax: 2%
- Hospitality Tax Information Packet
- Hospitality Tax Reporting Form (Check Payments Only)
If you have any questions about these or other taxes, contact the York County Tax Collection office.
- Bob Bartkin - Finance Director
- Dana Overlay - Budget Analyst
- Phone: 803-548-3512
- Fax: 803-548-1400
- City Hall: 7725 Tega Cay Dr. Tega Cay, SC 29708
- Monday-Friday: 7:30 AM- 4:00 PM